A wooden floor can be your home’s best accessory, adding warmth and character to any room. Installing wood flooring is a great way to add personality and flair to your home. You can install it yourself if you’re handy with tools, or take it to a professional who will be able to do the job for you.
What is a Wooden Floor?
A wooden floor, sometimes called hardwood flooring or solid wood flooring, is a type of floor that is installed by laying down boards made of wood. These boards are typically each about a foot wide and 3 inches thick. The boards are glued together to create a seamless strip of wood.
Installing Hard-Wood Floors
Installing hardwood floors is a good way to spruce up your house in Houston, but can be expensive. For the best results, make sure to do it right. Some people think that installing hardwood flooring them is difficult, but it’s really not that big of a deal with the right tools and skills. Here are some step by step guides that you can easily install wooden flooring:
- Remove all furniture, boxes and carpets in your house. The room must be completely stripped down to the bare wood. If there are existing hardwood floors beneath the carpet, make sure to check that it’s securely fastened to the sub-flooring beneath.
- Measure the room and cut your planks down to size according to your measurements. You can use a miter saw for this if you have one, but you don’t necessarily need one at this point.
- Lay out your first row of flooring, ensuring that each plank is flush with its neighbors. If your planks are slightly wider than the next plank, lay them at an angle so that they don’t create a noticeable barrier.
- Start laying wood flooring downs with a pneumatic nail gun and 1 or 1/2-inch finishing nails, or hand-nail them and uses a hammer and brad nails. Make sure to use the correct size nails depending on your planks; most boards will require the larger 2-inch nails.
- You can install wood plank flooring on your own by stapling them down to the sub floor, but it is a lot easier if you use a nail gun.
- To check that you are laying them down straight, place three or four boards in one row and tap their ends with a rubber mallet.
- Use a jigsaw to cut around any irregularities, such as a door frame or a heater. Also use it to cut opening for electrical outlets and heating or cooling vents.
In addition, you can use the installation services of Hardwood flooring Houston if you are really busy or not so skillful in carpentry. You can easily find professional installers who will be able to do the job for you, just contact them and they’ll come over your house to give you a quote.
There are many benefits of installing wooden flooring in your house. It’s durable, easy-to-clean, and more affordable than most other types of floors. Wooden flooring also has an incredible amount of style options that range from rustic cottage chic all the way up into modern farmhouse glamour.